This is the privacy notice of New Boiler Grant which is a trading style of Grant Me Savings Limited. New Boiler Grant (“NBG”, “we”, “us”, “our”) does not collect personal information in this web site unless voluntarily submitted by you.
We respect your privacy and are determined to protect your personal data. The purpose of this privacy notice is to inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from). We’ll also tell you about your privacy rights and how the data protection law, including GDPR, protects you.
The purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of the NBG website, including any data you may provide through this website when you apply for a new replacement boiler on this website.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly or wish to collect data related to children.
You must read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
Specifically within NBG you will be asked to give your consent to any application you may complete to apply for a new replacement boiler.
Grant Me Savings Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data. GMS Leads is a company registered in England and Wales under Registration number 11061707. Our registered office is at 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX. ICO Registration number ZA302004. For all data matters contact us on email@example.com or 03333 601 136.
Third-party links outside of our control
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office.
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data includes FIRST NAME/LAST NAME/TITLE/DATE OF BIRTH.
Contact Data includes POSTAL ADDRESS/EMAIL ADDRESS/ TELEPHONE NUMBERS.
WE ALSO COLLECT, USE AND SHARE AGGREGATED DATA SUCH AS STATISTICAL OR DEMOGRAPHIC DATA FOR ANY PURPOSE. AGGREGATED DATA MAY BE DERIVED FROM YOUR PERSONAL DATA BUT IS NOT CONSIDERED PERSONAL DATA IN LAW AS THIS DATA DOES NOT DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY REVEAL YOUR IDENTITY. FOR EXAMPLE, WE MAY AGGREGATE YOUR USAGE DATA TO CALCULATE THE PERCENTAGE OF USERS ACCESSING A SPECIFIC WEBSITE FEATURE. HOWEVER, IF WE COMBINE OR CONNECT AGGREGATED DATA WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA SO THAT IT CAN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IDENTIFY YOU, WE TREAT THE COMBINED DATA AS PERSONAL DATA WHICH WILL BE USED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PRIVACY NOTICE.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data).
If you apply to NBG to purchase a new boiler on finance, then we may ask you about your financial credibility but will not undertake a credit check.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you to provide a replacement boiler. In this case, we may have to cancel your application with us but we will notify you of this at the time.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you. You may give us your IDENTITY, CONTACT AND FINANCIAL DATA by filling in forms or by corresponding to us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Apply for a new boiler;
- Request marketing information to be sent to you or for us to contact you.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of Contract this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of your application to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Legitimate Interest this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by matters contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03333 601 136.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
5. PURPOSES OF USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, a description of how we plan to use your personal data, with the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us on email@example.com or 03333 601 136 if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as an applicant for a new boiler||(a) Identity||Performance of a new boiler application for you|
|To contact you and validate the information you have provided||(a) Identity||Performance of a new boiler application for you|
|To introduce you to an accredited installation company within the NBG network||(a) Identity||Performance of a new boiler application for you|
|To maintain a relationship with you with regard to products and services that might benefit you in the future||(a) Identity||Ongoing marketing and/or newsletter|
|(e) Profile Data|
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or made an application to NBG and have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside NBG.
You can ask us and/or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03333 601 136.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of an application for a new boiler.
When you use this website, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address and/or information about you browser. We use this information for GDPR identification, administration purposes and statistical analysis. This information will not usually identify you personally unless you have given us your personal information.
In addition, we may obtain information about your on-line movements and use of the Internet. We may do this by placing a ‘cookie’ that is a small file, on your computer. We do this for several reasons:-
- To recognise you whenever you visit this website,
- To speed up access to this website (so you do not have to log in each time),
- To store your personal preferences,
- To build a profile about you,
- To better understand the relevant marketing and advertising opportunities relevant to you.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us on email@example.com or 03333 601 136.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with:
- Our accredited installer network.
- Third Parties who act on our behalf on a contractual basis and provide you or us with relevant services such as surveying.
- Third Parties to whom we may choose to sell your data for the sole purpose of fulfilling your needs for the purpose of which you contacted us in the first place.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
WE DO NOT TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA), BUT MAY USE CLOUD BASED SERVICES USING APPROPRIATE SAFEGUARDING.
8. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a need to interact with it. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for such as satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We retain your personal data, including telephone, email, SMS and post for the maximum period of 24 months after initial collection or any other positive contact, such as the last time we have mailed or called you.
10. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the UK data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of your new boiler application or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
No fee required – with some exceptions
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we will charge a £100+VAT admin fee if your request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you have made a new boiler application then we may ask you to confirm the Memorable Word that you will have provided so as to validate your identity.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
11. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time without further notice. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
12. QUERIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 03333 601 136.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.